Love Life Blues.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good years and bad years

2 posters

Go down

Good years and bad years Empty Good years and bad years

Post  piscesloveromance Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:07 pm

I have found the right guy for me. He is someone who I wouldn't have expected to fall in love with, but I did. It's been 6 years now and we're still in love. He gives me love and affection, holds me when I cry, gives me back rubs and makes me laugh. We have amazing sex and most importantly, he accepts me for who I am. He takes care of me financially, emotionally, physically and meets me on a mental level. Don't get me wrong, it is NOT a fairly-tale. There are arguments and he can frustrate me so much on occasion. I also wish he'd take me out more often and we come very different backgrounds which can lead to some opposing views that cause stress between us, but the good is far outweighed by the bad. I think the key for us is that we communicate and are honest with each other. I don't know why people fall out of love. I know that is always a possibility in every relationship, but when it's a good match and you find ways to grow together through the hard times then you have a much better chance of making it in the end. This didn't happen over-night either. There was a time about 4 years ago when all we did was argue (over everything and nothing.) I think we got sick of each other but we worked through it and realized that we really wanted to be together. Going through that hard time, and getting past it, made our relationship so much stronger and now we cherish each other. I know how that sounds, but it's real.

I remember asking my mentor, who has been married for 40 years, how she and her husband have made it for so long. She said, "Well, you just have to accept that you're going to have good days and bad days, good weeks and bad weeks, good months and bad months, good years and bad years. You have to be willing to work at it when it gets hard. If you understand that then you're half-way there."

Does anyone relate?

piscesloveromance

Back to top Go down

Good years and bad years Empty Re: Good years and bad years

Post  LonelyGirl Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:21 pm

I will have to get back to you on that afro
I am not in that place at this point.
LonelyGirl
LonelyGirl

Back to top Go down