Love Life Blues.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walmart is to blame for divorce...

5 posters

Go down

Walmart is to blame for divorce... Empty Walmart is to blame for divorce...

Post  MissBehav'n Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:57 pm

Ok...now I know this really is not totally true but think about it this way...
Walmart has made it really easy to have a "just replace it" mentality. It is cheaper to throw out a broken printer andbuy a new one than to have one repaired. It is cheaper to throw out a lawn mower and buy a new one there. Hell, a kids bike can be bought for under $50 there.
Not just at walmrt- but in our lives in general- the justreplace it mindset is common. If you don't like something- you get a new one: house, job, car, etc...so why not partner? Why struggle to work at something when you can just go get a new one?

I know there aremany other things at work here with the high divorce rate, but this did seem relevant. It is the way of our society.
MissBehav'n
MissBehav'n

Back to top Go down

Walmart is to blame for divorce... Empty Re: Walmart is to blame for divorce...

Post  RunawayTrain Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:09 pm

Sort of makes it seems like an easy out, but many couples stay together for a very long time before they opt for the exchange aisle. That's why I totally believe that the marriage contract should come with a re-up clause -- after every 2 years, both parties can decide if they want to be together and if they choose not to there are no penalties -- just a clean break.

I'm going to present this to my local state representative...
RunawayTrain
RunawayTrain

Back to top Go down

Post  MissBehav'n Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:41 pm

A re-up is good. Not getting married ever works too cheers
MissBehav'n
MissBehav'n

Back to top Go down

Post  RunawayTrain Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:55 am

High Five to that...
RunawayTrain
RunawayTrain

Back to top Go down

Post  Rufus Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:15 pm

MissBehav'n wrote:Not just at walmrt- but in our lives in general- the justreplace it mindset is common. If you don't like something- you get a new one: house, job, car, etc...so why not partner? Why struggle to work at something when you can just go get a new one?

This is good stuff...
Rufus
Rufus

Back to top Go down

Post  LonelyGirl Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:54 am

This is a possibility. I also wonder if somewhere on each of our relationships there is an expiration date that we don't see. Maybe it exoires in one month, one year, 8 years, etc. Too badit is not visible so we can plan for that.
LonelyGirl
LonelyGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  GinAndBareIt Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:41 pm

I think maybe...just maybe...times have changed so much and people have not kept up. Year and Years ago- you didn't have access to so many people, places, ideas etc...now the world is literally at your fingertips...maybe this expansion in our universe also has ruined marriage.

Back in Little House on the Prairie Days...you had a town or two of men to pick from. You probably picked close to your "type:...looks...financial status...intelligence etc. That was pretty much it. There were not many options to be found. I dont think you thought of what ifs...you thought this is my lot in life and I will make the most of it...I dont know what is better...to have it all but always want more...or to have so little but have no idea you have so little...
GinAndBareIt
GinAndBareIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down