Unicorns?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unicorns?

Post  Jane Doe on Tue May 20, 2008 10:46 pm

Is anyone happy? I often wonder about this. So many people I know or meet are not. It brings up the question of why I guess. Why are so many unhappy in their current situations. Are they unrealistic? Are the in the wrong place/relationship? Is it not possible for most people to be happy? Do people look for the bad and therefore find unhappiness in any situation? Are people not intended to stay together? Does anyone know?

I guess if anyone finds the answer to that- its like the million dollar answer. People would give most anything to find happiness. I guess its like looking for Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster- or even unicorns- are they real or just mythical creatures? Is happiness possible or a myth/wish we have?

I can say I have yet to find the answer. I have found the temp. happy things- the times you "think" you have found "it"- it is so great you cannot believe it- it must be for real- etc- but alas- it is not. It is a fleeting thing that soon leaves you and finds another person to tease. Happiness seems just a moment away- but it's like chasing your tail- you circle and circle and just cannot get a firm hold on it.
Jane Doe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unicorns?

Post  GinAndBareIt on Thu May 22, 2008 10:18 pm

So today I spoke with a few friends who are "not happy"- they have different reasons of course- but the result is the same. My questions here is this- is anyone happy? Are people supposed to be together for long priods of time- or are those that are the exception to the rule? I just don't know. Does anyone know? What is the answer? Do you just date and go from one new person to another and enjoy the beginning of a relationship fun times- or do you try and make it all stick? Do you suffer thru the bad to try and find good- or just go for the good and run from the bad?

I also wanted to comment on something else. I have a friend who is having issues with a spouse. The spouse is behaving in a way that though one might be able to justify - the actual real-ness of it all is that the spouse is just not behaving properly. They are not acting in a way that really can be justified to anyone but themself. This is a bad thing. When your partner gets so closed minded they don't see they are being an ass- that's an issue. If you have a lot of time invested in the relationship- you don't want to just up and leave- even when this seems like the easiest and best scenario.

I on the other hand got a message from a person I think I might like. It makes me realize the mystery and suspense of it all is probably the real highlight of it all- sadly...
GinAndBareIt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RunawayTrain on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:33 am

GinAndBareIt wrote:I on the other hand got a message from a person I think I might like. It makes me realize the mystery and suspense of it all is probably the real highlight of it all- sadly...

I believe you are on to something here...it always seems to be the journey, not the destination. Idea
RunawayTrain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GinAndBareIt on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:36 pm

I can say right now even a short but fun journey would be a very welcome change...even if it doesnt lead to what I want in the end. I guess its like that corny song about missing the dnace or something if you had missed the pain...or whatever it was- just means you cant have happy without having sad I guess.
GinAndBareIt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RomanceMe on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:51 am

I know of yet another couple to add to the not happy ranks. They have been married for over 20 years and are calling it quits. It does make you wonder doesn't it?

RomanceMe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EngineGirl22 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:07 pm

All it does is make me want to be one of the people who do "make it." I am a little stubborn and a little tough, but nonetheless I am a hopeless romantic.
EngineGirl22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GinAndBareIt on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:49 am

I would like to be one of the ones who ends up happy as well- but first I plan to try my very hardest to do what will be very hard for me and that is learn to be alone with myself before I fall into a relationship again. This will be important for me. I'm not saying I wont date- but I am going to do my best to find myself in the sense that I really get to know who I am without another person in the mix. I think people adapt to a relationship which is good- but I have never been alone and I think I need to spend some time with "me" and see how that goes and then hopefully when I find a person and am a "we" I wont lose touch with myself and change myself too much to please that person...we shall see how this plan goes though...lol...I've never not had a significant other...
GinAndBareIt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EngineGirl22 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:39 am

Interesting stuff. My head is a bit foggy from lack of sleep and severe pain... Once I am bright again I will touch on this. drunken
EngineGirl22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RomanceMe on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:39 am

Gin- that is a commendable plan- I'll be curious to see how it works out for you. Keep us posted.

RomanceMe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GinAndBareIt on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:45 am

I'll let you know. I am curious as well. Can I do this? I just don't know. But I am going to try my hardest!
GinAndBareIt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum