The Thin Red Line

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Thin Red Line

Post  RunawayTrain on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:32 am

Recently, a situation occur where a line was crossed...two people who joke and flirt but know VERY little about each other are now at a place where there will NEVER even be a friendship.

The guy: An attractive guy who has probably gotten away with a lot in his lifetime just because he is attractive...part owner of a company...married with kids...ex-pro baseball player. Blah blah blah.

The girl: Well, it's me. Not used to being looked at as the object of desire...though I sometimes flirt too much to overcompensate for that naiveté (admittedly)...so when things like this happen, I'm usually in shock.

So he crossed the physical line.
Did I flirt TOO much this time?
Did I make him think it would be okay?
Do people think I'm easy?

In my heart, I KNOW that I didn't ask for this situation to happen...and I certainly didn't WANT it to happen. I know that this was a lesson in self-worth. I know that I need to learn a few things from this...quite a few.

Perhaps it's time to tone it down...respect myself a little more...trust others less.
And, pay attention.
RunawayTrain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Thin Red Line

Post  Jane Doe on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:36 am

Train- I imagine this guy just thinks its ok if he wants to do something. He probably has gotten away with things all of his life and has a hard time knowing when not to cross a line. You cannot blame yourself for this situation. I dont know exactly what happened, but whatever it was, if you didnt invite him to do what he did (like say out loud Yes please do that) then he had no right to assume anything was ok...flirting or not!!!
Jane Doe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GinAndBareIt on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:40 am

My take on this is that the guy is a JERK. I think the lesson learned is that some guys will always take things too far, so you need to know who to be friends with. You need to just stay away from creeps like this, rather than try and change who and how you are. If they cannot control their impulses, they have big issues!
GinAndBareIt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top